ABLE Merger Information
OCTOBER 6, 2017
Our branch located in Building 600 is now fully operational as a First Peoples branch! ATK employees that were already FP members can begin using this branch for normal banking.
SEPTEMBER 13, 2017
Merger Information Letter #3
AUGUST 17, 2017
Merger Information Letter #1
Merger Information Letter #2
AUGUST 1, 2017
First Peoples Acquires ABLE Federal Credit Union
Pictured from left to right: Stacey Bingaman, First Peoples CEO; Ron Monahan, First Peoples Board Chairman; Eric Whittacre, ABLE Board Chairman; Leon Arnold, ABLE CEO
JULY 21, 2017
Meet Thomas! We are thrilled to introduce your new First Peoples ABLE Branch Manager, Thomas Headley II!
Thomas graduated from Frankfort High School in 2009 and earned his Bachelor’s Degree from Frostburg State University in 2013. Thomas became a part of the First Peoples team 3 years ago and has progressively advanced, taking on more responsibilities. He started at First Peoples as a teller in 2014 and progressed to Manager Trainee in the same year. In 2016 he was promoted to Assistant Manager at our Main Office in Downtown Cumberland.
In his new position, Thomas will be responsible for leading and overseeing the daily operations of the branch located in Building 600 on the Orbital ATK campus as well as assisting members with all of their financial needs. Thomas’ experience and excellent customer service skills combined with his fun personality make him well suited to serve our membership. He is an asset to the First Peoples family, and we are excited for him to take on this new role!
JULY 20, 2017
Your current ABLE debit cards will be added to our network allowing you access to any First Peoples ATM surcharge free. Click here for a complete list of our ATMs.
As a transitioning ABLE member, you will receive the following items free:
- Your first order of special ABLE checks
- Loan payment book
- Debit card designed specifically for ABLE members
At First Peoples, we believe day to day banking should be simple. However, when the need arises, we have you covered for specialized needs as well. Products and services include:
- 13 Branches conveniently located in Allegany, Garrett, Mineral and Somerset Counties
- Online Loan Application
- Mobile Banking
- Mobile Deposit
- Images of Cleared Checks in our Home Banking and Mobile Banking Platforms
- Real Time Processing of Transactions
- Reward/Interest Bearing Checking Accounts
- Drive up and Remotely Located ATMs
- Member Connection Center (MCC)- call and speak with one of our friendly representatives.
- Interactive Teller Machine (ITM)-Enjoy a whole new way to bank, interact, save time, and get your basic financial transactions done quickly & efficiently with our ITMs.
- Safety Deposit Boxes (available at Downtown Cumberland, Somerset, Accident, Lonaconing)
- Night Depository at all FP Branches
- Automatic Savings/Payment Options
- Internal/External Online Transfers
- One Stop Mortgage Lending
- Allegheny Highlands Title & Settlements, LLC (AHTS) is a subsidiary of First Peoples known as a CUSO (Credit Union Service Organizaion). AHTS offers title insurance and real estate settlements to buyers and sellers.
- First Peoples Wealth Management Services. Our wealth advisors, Chris Mathews and Aaron Strawderman have over 40 years of combined experience give them a call at 301-783-3796
- Swipeboost Program-Debit Cards designed for various schools and organizations, helping them earn money with every credit purchase you make.
- Insurance Services-First Peoples is committed to helping our members prepare for all of life’s events. For coverage options please visit our website under insurance services.
- Financial Wellness Program
- And Much More!
JULY 14, 2017
Beginning July 20, 2017 your current ABLE debit cards will be added to our network allowing you access to any First Peoples ATM surcharge free. Please click here for a complete list of our ATMs.
JULY 11, 2017
Recently ABLE Federal Credit Union voted to become part of First Peoples Community Federal Credit Union. Please check back here for updates regarding the merger.