Let's get you headed down the right financial path.
What if you asked a lawyer for free advice? They'd object. Free repairs from your plumber? A pipe dream. But at First Peoples, we offer financial counseling and financial literacy lessons on the house. Whether you're a high school student just learning about money matters or a grown-up in search of budgeting help, our partners can help you take the next step on your financial journey.
Banzai is an award-winning interactive financial literacy curriculum that fulfills many state-mandated requirements for personal finance and financial literacy. Even better, it's fun for kids of all ages.
- First Peoples sponsors Banzai learning in dozens of high school in the Maryland, West Virginia and Pennsylvania communities we service. There's no cost at all to students and teachers.
- We also have the learning modules available to our membership – again for no cost.
- Topics include everything from saving for college to using a credit card to buying a house. Learning materials are available for anyone from age 5 to 100.
Our partnership with Banzai provides access to interactive courses and an extensive library full or quick, easy to understand articles and handy calculators. (All FREE to you!) Go exploring. You just might learn something new today.
In addition to our membership benefits with Banzai, First Peoples is proud to sponsor over 39 schools in our charter area! We've paid the bill so our local educators have the tools they need to keep their students engaged with interesting content that teaches them financial education. If you are a high school educator who is not yet taking advantage of the FREE options available to you and your students- click here to get started!
GreenPath Financial Wellness
GreenPath is a national, non-profit financial counseling organization that has been assisting credit union members for decades. Trained professionals can help you with one-on-one credit and debt counseling, or you can access online courses, budgeting software and other learning materials.
- Financial counseling: Certified advisors will help you explore options for achieving your financial goals and provide you with a customized action plan.
- Debt management: If you are struggling to eliminate debt, we will work with your creditors to develop a payment plan. This could stop collection calls and help you save money.
- Credit review: Credit reports can be confusing. We can help you better understand your report and give you tips for managing your credit score.
- Online courses: Our series of e-courses is designed to expand your financial knowledge in a fun and engaging way. Check back often, as more courses are added regularly.
- Budget Smart: Free, easy-to-use software will help you create your own budget and manage your money more effectively.
- CheckRight: Our free self-study program designed to teach you how to manage your checking account, reconcile an account, create a spending plan, and more.
- Free Webinars: Register for free presentations throughout the year on a wide range of financial wellness topics.
First Peoples Community Federal Credit Union is a full-service financial institution with branches in Maryland, Pennsylvania and West Virginia.